Seoul launches annual pet festival
简介Seoul City has announced that it will host the 2023 Seoul Pet Festival at the Pyeonghwa Plaza in the ...
Seoul City has announced that it will host the 2023 Seoul Pet Festival at the Pyeonghwa Plaza in the World Cup Park on Oct. 8. The festival, the first of its kind in Seoul, will feature a variety of programs, including experiences and lectures.
One of the notable events at the festival is the Fashion Run, which starts at 10 a.m. after a warm-up exercise at 9:30 a.m. It is a walking competition where participants, accompanied by their pets, wear matching outfits or accessories and complete a course around the park.
People can apply for participation from Sept. 19 to Oct. 4 on the preregistration website or register on-site on the day of the event.
Teams that complete the course will receive certificates, eco bags, blankets and promotional materials for pet adoption provided by Seoul City. There will also be a citizen vote for the best-dressed team, with prizes awarded to the winners.
If owners want to learn about the hidden behaviors of pets, they can attend expert lectures starting at 1 p.m. Through lectures by trainer Kang Hyung-wook and veterinarian Na Eung-sik, pet owners can gain valuable information about pet language, behavior concerns, and proper pet care.
Owners can also experience the pet dog skills test, which was previously only available to those who excelled in the written test of the pet owner certification exam. If owners have ever wondered if they and their pets are walking together correctly, they can check their "pet etiquette" level during the practical skills test, which simulates various situations like unexpected encounters and crosswalks.
Other programs include guided walks with adoptable dogs, free pet health check-ups and microchipping by the Seoul Veterinary Association, pet behavior correction counseling, pet aromatherapy massage education and making cat toys. Fun activities like the Wait Command competition, which awards a dog that can wait the longest, and a pet knowledge quiz will also take place.
For the comfort of pet owners and their companions, there will be designated rest areas with tents and parasols.
The number of cyclist deaths in cycling accidents came to 91 last year, rising by 30 percent from a ...
A short walk from Myeong-dong Station on Seoul Subway's Line No. 4 unveils this popular urban g ...
South Korean retail giant and the nation’s fifth-largest conglomerate Lotte Group has carried on div ...
- Seoul subway workers vote for strike plan
- 김영호 통일장관 “북러 군사 무기거래 깊이 우려…불법행위 중단하라”
- Memorials commemorating Itaewon crowd crush to be erected at accident site
- N. Korea stipulates nuclear force
- S. Korea, US, Japan install trilateral communication hotline amid N. Korea, China challenges
- Chuseok’s celestial journey: Best spots for full moon gazing in Seoul
Hyundai Motor shows off air mobility, drone tech at Seoul defense fair
Civic group to celebrate 70th anniversary of S. Korea
[Korea Beyond Korea] ‘More cross
S. Korea in contention for team medal in women's golf
탄약 찾는 러…국방부 "北컨테이너 적재량, 포탄 수십만발 분량"
Exhibition 'Hanbok, Revisited' offers modern tastes on traditional Korean clothing
- Tapas bar explores modern interpretations of kimchi
- BIFF expands award categories beyond Asian content to global titles
- Unification ministry urges NK to immediately send detained S. Koreans back home
- Satellite imagery highlights 'dramatic' increase in N. Korea
- [Today’s K
- 문재인 "부동산 정책, 초유 상황에 실책…신뢰 잃어 뼈아프다"
- [Photo News] Floral Butterfly
- Stray Kids to release new album 'Rock
- 김건희, 제주도서 갈치 시식하며 “수산물 소비 활성화 최선”
- ‘Art in Series’ embraces autumn delights
- Political strife may delay Korea’s launch of new space agency
- SK Earthon starts first independent oil production in South China Sea
- [Bills in Focus] Holding CEOs accountable for lack of internal financial control
- Yoon's approval rating edges up after 6
- Seoul shares open lower on Fed's higher
- Uzbekistan, Korea boost customs cooperation
- KFCC hosts UN conference for inclusive finance
- [Herald Review] ‘Cobweb,’ a fresh, new wind in the Korean box office